The exploration and use of this new phygital dimension, a metaverse suspended between the real and the virtual, does not seem to be slowing its pace.
The evolution of the metaverse across sectors
The concept of the metaverse is something relatively new that has drawn the attention of the masses, especially since Mark Zuckerberg‘s announcement regarding the rebranding of Facebook.
This new virtual dimension has quickly encompassed so many areas, breathing new life into some aspects of our daily lives.
Quietly, the phygital universe has changed the world of gaming, but also that of fashion, art, and the real estate market.
Web 3.0 is taking more and more shape, and those who will benefit from it will be those who can see in advance what the near future will look like.
Recently, the role of the metaverse has also begun to be discussed and planned for in the tourism industry.
The metaverse will also revolutionize the world of tourism
Applications of the metaverse within the tourism industry
The metaverse can also help and improve tourism-related businesses.
Possible developments may include the following:
- Virtual tours of hotels, museums, convention centers and destinations, even more immersive, inclusive and realistic, easily enjoyed from home;
- Inspections or simulations of the physical hotel experience before the event date. In fact, the user could anticipate the experience of the stay by viewing the room, common areas, and surroundings before booking.
- Event organizers could view room setup options, and choose the best one in minutes;
- Gamification and Loyalty program. “Gamification” is the “in-game” transposition of real-life aspects onto various platforms that allows them, among other things, to be exploited for commercial purposes. The “play or participate to receive rewards” mechanism is already widely used on social and has been adopted by businesses in various sectors because its great functioning has been noted.
- The tourism industry is well aware of the value of this kind of data and should plan for the possible combination of virtual reality and loyalty programs to encourage guests to return to hotels.
- The metaverse could also make hard-to-reach places accessible, to people with reduced mobility;
- It could make it possible to preserve the heritage of the tourist crowd;
- Finally, it would democratize culture and tourism exploration by helping people with different possibilities. While at the same time overcoming physical and spatial constraints, thus reaching even the most distant audiences.
14th edition of BTO – Be Travel Onlife.
Delving into this topic, will be the 14th edition of BTO – Be Travel Onlife.
For those who do not know, BTO is the reference event in Italy that highlights all the news regarding the inescapable union between innovation and tourism.
After a two-year stop due to the pandemic and after a hybrid edition (2021), BTO will be back in attendance, at the Leopolda in Florence, on November 29 and 30, 2022.
Leading Italian tourism experts are already at work creating an ambitious and innovative program. Starting from the main problems of the sector, panels and educational paths will be built to return the concrete tools to address them.
Ultimately, the 14th edition of BTO will focus on Metatourism.
There will be four in-depth topics: Hospitality, Food and Wine, Digital Innovation and Strategy and Destination.
The post The metaverse will transform the tourism industry appeared first on cryptodailynews24.com.